Disclaimer: I apologise for having to resort to glue. It was my mistake to have not measured the diameter of my spindle in time as well as have the right motor. Will be better prepared next time.
For this assignment, Ben asked us to mount a motor and have it move something.
I automatically knew I wanted to create a sign for my winter show project using electro luminescent wire in a cursive font.
Problem was that in a hurried state I bought a hobby motor that was running at 1200 rotations per minute.
Nevertheless, I did decide the mount and wanted to give it a quick shot since a dc motor was something new for me.
So then I decided to work with a servo motor that I had that didn’t require a signal and attached it to the top of the box with a disco ball at the other end.